Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Saturday

This past weekend we decided last minute to head up to the mountains and go to the lake (s) on the Mogollon Rim. It was so nice! It was supposed to be 103+ in the valley and it was only 65 on the rim! Thats the nice thing about Arizona, a short 2 1/2 hour drive away the temperature drops 30+ degrees!
We decided to take the dogs, we havent taken them anywhere like that ever! They had a great time getting dirt all over me, barking at all the other dogs that were up there, and pulling me around on their leash! It was funny for onlookers I am sure, a big pregnant lady walking two dogs on a hiking path that is not even. I slipped and fell on my butt once and am lucky it wasnt more than that! Colby eventually switched me for the dogs and I carried his fishing pole.  :)
He didnt catch anything but we still had a great time exploring a different (and much cooler) part of the state!







There was a wildfire that had just started as we drove up and had grown quite a bit by the time we drove back down. It made the sun look pretty cool through the smoke. You could see the flames (in the distance) from the road, but they had cops so we couldnt pull over.


I had Colby take a picture of me in all my loveliness but all three of them were focusing on a tree behind me.... Oops! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...